Skip to main content

US Ebola patient Dr. Kent Brantly speaks out – read his statement,(Wao! This is so teaching, can Nigerian doctors do this?)

Dr. Kent Brantly, one of the two US doctors who contracted the Ebola virus in Liberia, has spoken out for the first time. He released a statement from his isolation room at Emory University in Atlanta where he’s being treated after he was flown out of Liberia last week. He is the first Ebola patient to receive experimental serum, ZMapp. Below is the statement Brantly released to the media yesterday
“I am writing this update from my isolation room at Emory University Hospital, where the doctors and nurses are providing the very best care possible. I am growing stronger every day, and I thank God for His mercy as I have wrestled with this terrible disease. I also want to extend my deep and sincere thanks to all of you who have been praying for my recovery as well as for Nancy and for the people of Liberia and West Africa.
“My wife Amber and I, along with our two children, did not move to Liberia for the specific purpose of fighting Ebola. We went to Liberia because we believe God called us to serve Him at ELWA Hospital.” Continue…
 “One thing I have learned is that following God often leads us to unexpected places. When Ebola spread into Liberia, my usual hospital work turned more and more toward treating the increasing number of Ebola patients. I held the hands of countless individuals as this terrible disease took their lives away from them. I witnessed the horror first-hand, and I can still remember every face and name.
“When I started feeling ill on that Wednesday morning, I immediately isolated myself until the test confirmed my diagnosis three days later. When the result was positive, I remember a deep sense of peace that was beyond all understanding. God was reminding me of what He had taught me years ago, that He will give me everything I need to be faithful to Him.
“Now it is two weeks later, and I am in a totally different setting. My focus, however, remains the same – to follow God. As you continue to pray for Nancy and me, yes, please pray for our recovery. More importantly, pray that we would be faithful to God’s call on our lives in these new circumstances.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMMUNIQUE OF THE CATHOLIC BISHOPS OF IBADAN ECCLESIASTICAL PROVINCE MEETING AT THE POPE JOHN PAUL II PASTORAL CENTRE, ADO-EKITI FROM 11TH TO 12TH AUGUST, 2014

Preamble We, Bishops of Ibadan Ecclesiastical Province, comprising Ibadan Archdiocese, Ondo, Ekiti, Ilorin, Oyo and Osogbo Dioceses have held our meeting at the Pastoral Institute, Ado Ekiti from 11th till 12th August 2014. We have prayerfully deliberated on matters of pastoral, spiritual, social and political interest and now conclude with the following communique: 1. The Pallium, of the new Archbishop of Ibadan Province We thank God Almighty for the event of the imposition of the pallium, the symbol of the authority of the Metropolitan archbishop, on the new Archbishop of Ibadan, Most Reverend Gabriel ‘Leke Abegunrin on the 29th of June 2014 in Rome by His Holiness, Pope Francis. We thank the large Nigerian delegation that witnessed the occasion and pray that the Archbishop’s tenure witness unprecedented pastoral progress in our Province. 2. The Ebola Epidemic. The Ebola epidemic is a source of worry to all peoples all over the world. We highly commend the government ...

‘Trainer of female bombers’ arrested in Kano'

The Joint Task Force (JTF) in Kano has arrested a man suspected to be the trainer of female suicide bombers. 16 females said to be undergoing training for suicide operations were also arrested. According to report, the man identified as Ibrahim Ibrahim was arrested in Dala local government area of the state during a raid carried out by the task force. Report said the females were being trained to carry out suicide bombings when JTF raided their training ground and arrested them and their trainer. The Spokesman of the JTF in Kano, Captain Ikechukwu Eze, confirmed the arrest, saying investigation is still ongoing on the matter.

‘Ebola not caused by witchcraft’

A rights group in the United Kingdom (UK), the Witchcraft and Human Rights Information Network (WHRIN), has called for more enlightenment on the Ebola virus. WHRIN’s Executive Director Gary Foxcroft said superstitious beliefs and inadequate health facilities may lead to the spread of the virus. The activist urged the United Nations (UN) bodies, governments, aid agencies and civil society organisations (CSOs) to demystify the causes of the outbreak. He noted that proper enlightenment would enable communities to understand that the disease is not caused by witchcraft to curb its spread. “Ebola is not caused by witchcraft. Rather, it is an infectious disease with a rational, scientific explanation of how it was created, how it is spread and how it can be treated. There is a huge amount of work that needs to be done to demystify the medical condition that is commonly associated with witchcraft across West Africa. They need to use all media tools at their disposal ...