Skip to main content

Emenike in N30m land dispute

Nigeria World Cup star, Emmanuel Emenike is up in arms with the Enugu State Government over 13 plots of land worth 30 million Naira (about $180,000), which he bought to build a sports academy in Enugu.
Soldiers had allegedly invaded the property and pre­vented any work on it, the Fenerbache star exclusively told AfricanFootball.com.
A bitter Emenike said he bought the 13 plots of land after the World Cup in Brazil through a top official of Enugu State Government, who had since handed him all the documents.
He further narrated: “I worked hard to make my money, I know what I pass through on the pitch before I earn my living and it will be unfair if what am hearing about my land in Enugu State was true.
“I visit Enugu whenever I come to Nigeria, my friends stay there, as well as some of my family members. And I am the kind of person who allows for advise. Even before now, I had a dream to own an academy not only in Nigeria but I believe in the saying that, ‘charity begins at home.’
“About three, four months ago, I acquired 13 plots of land in Enugu State through a government official. When I was given the documents, nobody told me there was any problem on the land. He gave me all the necessary docu­ments in my name after payment.
“I then directed that work should commence immedi­ately, but the state government directed soldiers to stop anybody from working there.”
He added: “I don’t want to believe that this is fraud. I am ready to fight it all.
“I have called some top government officials in Enugu, but all of them are not trying to be sincere. They could not help because I understand the order came from above.
“Nobody is trying to be sincere and as a matter of fact, I want my money back. I am very depressed that there is no confidence in investing in my country. I just don’t understand the pranks.”
“Right from time, I don’t like going through govern­ment for anything. I prefer to do it with my money and I see no reason why my property will be held back by government.”
Emenike told AfricanFootball.com he had tried to get land in Imo State, but the government refused him and so he opted to do it elsewhere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMMUNIQUE OF THE CATHOLIC BISHOPS OF IBADAN ECCLESIASTICAL PROVINCE MEETING AT THE POPE JOHN PAUL II PASTORAL CENTRE, ADO-EKITI FROM 11TH TO 12TH AUGUST, 2014

Preamble We, Bishops of Ibadan Ecclesiastical Province, comprising Ibadan Archdiocese, Ondo, Ekiti, Ilorin, Oyo and Osogbo Dioceses have held our meeting at the Pastoral Institute, Ado Ekiti from 11th till 12th August 2014. We have prayerfully deliberated on matters of pastoral, spiritual, social and political interest and now conclude with the following communique: 1. The Pallium, of the new Archbishop of Ibadan Province We thank God Almighty for the event of the imposition of the pallium, the symbol of the authority of the Metropolitan archbishop, on the new Archbishop of Ibadan, Most Reverend Gabriel ‘Leke Abegunrin on the 29th of June 2014 in Rome by His Holiness, Pope Francis. We thank the large Nigerian delegation that witnessed the occasion and pray that the Archbishop’s tenure witness unprecedented pastoral progress in our Province. 2. The Ebola Epidemic. The Ebola epidemic is a source of worry to all peoples all over the world. We highly commend the government ...

‘Trainer of female bombers’ arrested in Kano'

The Joint Task Force (JTF) in Kano has arrested a man suspected to be the trainer of female suicide bombers. 16 females said to be undergoing training for suicide operations were also arrested. According to report, the man identified as Ibrahim Ibrahim was arrested in Dala local government area of the state during a raid carried out by the task force. Report said the females were being trained to carry out suicide bombings when JTF raided their training ground and arrested them and their trainer. The Spokesman of the JTF in Kano, Captain Ikechukwu Eze, confirmed the arrest, saying investigation is still ongoing on the matter.

‘Ebola not caused by witchcraft’

A rights group in the United Kingdom (UK), the Witchcraft and Human Rights Information Network (WHRIN), has called for more enlightenment on the Ebola virus. WHRIN’s Executive Director Gary Foxcroft said superstitious beliefs and inadequate health facilities may lead to the spread of the virus. The activist urged the United Nations (UN) bodies, governments, aid agencies and civil society organisations (CSOs) to demystify the causes of the outbreak. He noted that proper enlightenment would enable communities to understand that the disease is not caused by witchcraft to curb its spread. “Ebola is not caused by witchcraft. Rather, it is an infectious disease with a rational, scientific explanation of how it was created, how it is spread and how it can be treated. There is a huge amount of work that needs to be done to demystify the medical condition that is commonly associated with witchcraft across West Africa. They need to use all media tools at their disposal ...